Friday, February 26, 2010

Computrainer Time Trial, March 6

We got a huge snow storm yesterday and I still got to log four hours on my bike. Yeah, I am a bit psycho because I did it all indoors, but I am very lucky with the equipment that I have to train on. I've had a Computrainer since 1997, and riding the courses on it is as close to riding the road as you will ever get.

After my ride I went onto Computrainer's web site for some info and coincidentally found that there is a time trial on March 6 for anyone anywhere to do, as long as it was on the Computrainer. Count me in! The FB40 is a 40 km TT, and I downloaded and rode the course today. Wow, it is not flat, with almost 1900 feet of climbing. The one "unroadlike" characteristic of the Computrainer is that if you decided to coast down a hill you will eventually slow down and stop. No rest for the weary! So this course looks to be a killer.

In the week leading up to this TT I will be doing my SST intervals on the course in an attempt to get faster on it. If nothing else, it will be good training for something else. Stay tuned for more of my impressions about this event, and check it out on FaceBook!

No comments: